Seminar that’s full of Eastern promise
A HIGH-POWERED Chinese trade delegation is on a tour of major UK cities – and Fenland – looking at business opportunities. The nine-man delegation from Xiamen will be in Fenland today (Friday) looking for business and investment opportunities in the const
A HIGH-POWERED Chinese trade delegation is on a tour of major UK cities - and Fenland - looking at business opportunities.
The nine-man delegation from Xiamen will be in Fenland today (Friday) looking for business and investment opportunities in the construction industry, as well as the science and technology sectors.
The delegation will attend a networking lunch and seminar at the South Fens Business Centre and meet with more than 40 key business people as well as regional and local government representatives. The event was organised by Fenland District Council and March Publishing Ltd.
The fact that the delegation is coming to Fenland as part of its tour of major cities is something of a coup for the district. It follows a visit to China by Jeff Tucker, managing director of March Publishing, which publishes International Trade Focus, and John Snyder, a member of the board of the East of England Development Agency, both of whom sang the praises of Fenland as a land of investment opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by Fenland District Council, East of England International, UK Trade and Investment, Dragon Cambridge International and International Trade Focus.
Fenland Council recognises that with Cambridge just down the road, Fenland represents an attractive proposition for knowledge-based businesses that want room to grow.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
Councillor Geoffrey Harper, leader of the council, said: "We are delighted that Jeff Tucker and John Snyder were able to sell Fenland to high-powered Chinese business representatives. To be part of a tour schedule that includes London and Manchester is a real feather in the cap of the district and it has certainly paid dividends. Fenland has a lot to offer and this seminar and networking event is important if we are to promote ourselves.