Serious injuries reported after two car collision on the Whittlesey to Pondersbridge road today
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A Fens road was blocked for a time today after a serious collision was reported between Whittlesey and Pondersbridge,
Emergency services were called to Ramsey Road shortly after 11.30am after two cars were involved in a collision.
The road was closed as paramedics attended the scene to release the occupants of the cars involved, a Nissan Qashqui and a Honda.
Two women were taken to the Peterborough City Hospital, one of them said to be with serious injuries and other with minor injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a road traffic collision involving two vehicles on Ramsey Road near Whittlesey at 11.44am. One crew from Whittlesey and the north roaming fire engine are in attendance.”
You may also want to watch:
The road, the B1040, later re-opened. No further news has emerged about the extent of the injuries.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 10 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'