A March church made the most of Saturday s good weather to raise more than £1,000 at its summer fayre. The fayre is the Catholic church s only substantial fund-raiser held during the year, and made a return to the calendar after it was cancelled last year
A March church made the most of Saturday's good weather to raise more than £1,000 at its summer fayre.
The fayre is the Catholic church's only substantial fund-raiser held during the year, and made a return to the calendar after it was cancelled last year.
A number of games stalls included guessing the name of a six-week-old chick and a teddy bear, and throwing balls into a flower pot in a limited amount of time.
March Brass 2000 also played throughout the afternoon, with teas, cakes and strawberries served to visitors.
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go towards church running costs.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed