Seven car collision on A1 Peterborough - one person taken to hospital after car overturns
- Credit: Archant
A casualty had to be freed by fire-fighters and taken to hospital after a seven car collision on the A1 Peterborough last night.
The incident, which happened on the A1 southbound between Fletton Parkway and Norman Cross, involved one vehicle which had overturned.
Ambulance and police were also in attendance, as well as crews from Stanground, Dogsthorpe and Stamford who used specialist cutting equipment to release one person.
Watch Commander Matt House said: “This incident involved a large number of vehicles including one which had overturned, and saw the ambulance treat a number of casualties on the scene as well as one person taken to hospital.
“The multi-agency approach between the fire service, ambulance and air ambulance paramedics and police resulted in the incident being dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible, ensuring the best possible treatment for the casualties involved.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re experiencing lots of changing weather at the moment and we would advise all drivers to take extra care on the roads during these coming days and weeks; drive to the conditions and leave plenty of room between your car and the vehicle in front.”
Crews returned to their stations by 7.40pm.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man found dead in March