Seven injured - some seriously- as car taking part in 300 strong ‘cruise’ on industrial park collides with group of spectators
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating a collision in Peterborough last night that resulted in seven people being injured, some seriously.
The incident happened at about 11.30pm at a “cruise” event attended by about 300 people in an industrial estate area in Stapledon Road, Orton Southgate.
A car taking part in the event was in collision with a group of spectators
Six men and a woman, aged between 17 and 31, were taken to Peterborough City Hospital. Five had serious but not life threatening injuries and two, who have since left hospital, were not seriously injured.
A 21-year-old man from Stamford has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and remains at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the incident to come forward, particularly anyone who has any pictures or video footage.
Sergeant Gareth Williams, from the road policing unit, said: “This collision could have been a lot more serious and it’s important we find out exactly what happened in the moments leading up to it.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
“We know a lot of people would have witnessed it and I am appealing for them to make contact.”
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Williams, at the road policing unit, on 101.