Regulars at Cassanos were celebrating deep into Sunday evening after winning the Fenland Pub Sevens tournament in fine style. The March-based bar prevented last year s winners, the Hare and Hounds from Wisbech, from scoring a point in the final of the tou
Regulars at Cassanos were celebrating deep into Sunday evening after winning the Fenland Pub Sevens tournament in fine style.
The March-based bar prevented last year's winners, the Hare and Hounds from Wisbech, from scoring a point in the final of the tournament, organised by the March Bears Rugby Club.
They were joined by teams from the Cock Inn, the Seven Stars, Hammer and Anvil, the Acre and two teams from Bar 23 for the fun day.
The games took part in prevailing sunshine at the Braza Club in Elm Road, March, and were all played in fun and good spirit, while children enjoyed a bouncy castle provided for the day. Food was supplied through a barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
Two cheques were also presented on the day, one to Wendy Jane for the Hinchingbrooke Special Baby Care Unit totalling £1,005.53, which was raised from March Carnival day.
The second cheque presented to young Paul Deeley, who suffered a broken neck playing for another club.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol