‘Sew much to do’ for the Ely Cathedral Christmas Gift & Food Fair
- Credit: Archant
Ely business Sew Much To Do is supporting Ely Cathedral’s Gift and Food Fair this weekend, by making a range of festive cloths which will be used to cover tables in the marquee café for the two day event.
All the cloths have been made by volunteers and members of their Wednesday morning sewing club.
Owner, Lesley Partridge said: “As a small business in Ely, we feel we have really benefitted from these high profile of events organised by the Cathedral.
“Our shop in High Street Passage was inundated with customers during the summer flower festival, and we are very excited about exhibiting at the Christmas Gift and Food Fair for the first time this year”.
The fair takes place in the cathedral on Friday and Saturday, November 15 and 16. There will be more than 100 stalls and exhibitors, along with cookery demonstrations by celebrity TV chefs, floral workshops and a festive food hall,
Among the demonstrtors will be cookery writer Diana Henry, TV chef Alex MacKay and Tim Hayward from Fitzbillies in Cambridge
On Saturday there will be several children’s activities, including face painting, and a craft workshop, and two reindoor will take up residence on Cross Green on Saturday, alongside a vintage carousel.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 6 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 7 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 8 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
Entry costs £2.50 for adults, with children admitted free.
For further information on the Christmas Gift and Food Fair please visit www.elycathedral.org
For information on Sew Much To Do including workshops, classes and demos please visit www.sewmuchtodo.co.uk