‘Sew much to do’ for the Ely Cathedral Christmas Gift & Food Fair
- Credit: Archant
Ely business Sew Much To Do is supporting Ely Cathedral’s Gift and Food Fair this weekend, by making a range of festive cloths which will be used to cover tables in the marquee café for the two day event.
All the cloths have been made by volunteers and members of their Wednesday morning sewing club.
Owner, Lesley Partridge said: “As a small business in Ely, we feel we have really benefitted from these high profile of events organised by the Cathedral.
“Our shop in High Street Passage was inundated with customers during the summer flower festival, and we are very excited about exhibiting at the Christmas Gift and Food Fair for the first time this year”.
The fair takes place in the cathedral on Friday and Saturday, November 15 and 16. There will be more than 100 stalls and exhibitors, along with cookery demonstrations by celebrity TV chefs, floral workshops and a festive food hall,
You may also want to watch:
Among the demonstrtors will be cookery writer Diana Henry, TV chef Alex MacKay and Tim Hayward from Fitzbillies in Cambridge
On Saturday there will be several children’s activities, including face painting, and a craft workshop, and two reindoor will take up residence on Cross Green on Saturday, alongside a vintage carousel.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Entry costs £2.50 for adults, with children admitted free.
For further information on the Christmas Gift and Food Fair please visit www.elycathedral.org
For information on Sew Much To Do including workshops, classes and demos please visit www.sewmuchtodo.co.uk