A MAIN sewer in Chatteris was blocked for more than a week after a property developer working in Dock Road accidentally drilled into and filled it with concrete. It caused major problems in a field up for sale in nearby Pound Road, which flooded with sewa
A MAIN sewer in Chatteris was blocked for more than a week after a property developer working in Dock Road accidentally drilled into and filled it with concrete.
It caused major problems in a field up for sale in nearby Pound Road, which flooded with sewage waste after heavy rain on Friday.
Problems started on September 14, when contractors Taylor Developments were piling down around the piping to lay concrete as a foundation for four new homes to be built on the site.
Tanker lorries made regular trips last week to pump blocked sewage out of the drain after being called out by Anglian Water, which is responsible for the pipe.
You may also want to watch:
The pressured sewer runs from Acre Fen on the outskirts of Chatteris, along the A141 bypass, Pound Road and Dock Road, to the sewage treatment works located next to the South Fens Business Centre on the A142 bypass.
A spokesperson for Taylor Developments confirmed that repair works were carried out after the sewer was filled with concrete, and that the water flow returned to normal on Monday.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas