Sexual predator jailed for eight years for abusing teenage boy
A SEXUAL predator who plied a teenage boy with drugs and alcohol and bought him gifts in exchange for sex has been jailed.
Neil Rouse, previously known as William Munro, was convicted of eight counts of sexual activity with a boy aged 13 to 16 and one count of rape. He had a string of previous convictions.
He appeared at Peterborough Crown Court on Monday when he was jailed for eight years and placed on the sex offenders register indefinitely.
Rouse, 62, of Annesley Close, Sawtry, met the boy at his home address in Peterborough through a neighbour.
He moved to Stanground and invited the boy to his house where he would ply him with drugs and alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
He gave him cash and gifts including a pair of trainers in return for sex. He also threatened violence to the boy.
He was caught when the boy went to police. Rouse denied the charges but was convicted by a jury at Huntingdon Crown Court following a two week trial.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Detective Constable Heidi Hensey said: “Rouse is a sexual predator who groomed a young boy for his own fulfilment.
“He is a dangerous individual who poses a risk to children. We are glad he has now been brought to justice.”