Shabby chic style comes to Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Vintage meets shabby chic at a shop in Chatteris that has been treated to a step back in time make over.
Furniture has been upcycled, walls given a lick of retro looking paint and the whole shop themed to give a distinct style to the pre-loved bargain centre.
FACET shop manager Louise Bryan held a £1 sale to raise money for the shop’s face lift and did all of the work herself so that it did not cost the charity anything.
She said: “People go to the effort of donating us some lovely items, it felt right that we present them in the best way possible.
“We upcycled all the furniture ourselves, had a rug donated and then did the decorating ourselves, it looks lovely here, the perfect shabby chic style we were after.”
As part of the make over the shop is now looking for more volunteers to help in the shop so that they can open on Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm instead of varied times that currently operating.
“There is currently no continuity of opening ours which is frustrating for people wanting to come and browse,” Louise said.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
All money goes towards helping adults with learning disabilities at FACET college in March.
If you would like to volunteer call Louise on 07961-072729.