Shabby chic style comes to Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Vintage meets shabby chic at a shop in Chatteris that has been treated to a step back in time make over.
Furniture has been upcycled, walls given a lick of retro looking paint and the whole shop themed to give a distinct style to the pre-loved bargain centre.
FACET shop manager Louise Bryan held a £1 sale to raise money for the shop’s face lift and did all of the work herself so that it did not cost the charity anything.
She said: “People go to the effort of donating us some lovely items, it felt right that we present them in the best way possible.
“We upcycled all the furniture ourselves, had a rug donated and then did the decorating ourselves, it looks lovely here, the perfect shabby chic style we were after.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the make over the shop is now looking for more volunteers to help in the shop so that they can open on Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm instead of varied times that currently operating.
“There is currently no continuity of opening ours which is frustrating for people wanting to come and browse,” Louise said.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition
All money goes towards helping adults with learning disabilities at FACET college in March.
If you would like to volunteer call Louise on 07961-072729.