Shake-up on policy
FIVE policy development groups are to be set up by Fenland District Council. The move is aimed at ensuring all councillors are kept informed of council business and are able to take part in policy decisions. The decision to establish the groups was taken
FIVE policy development groups are to be set up by Fenland District Council.
The move is aimed at ensuring all councillors are kept informed of council business and are able to take part in policy decisions.
The decision to establish the groups was taken by the full council last Thursday, ratifying a decision by the cabinet earlier the same day.
Councillor Geoff Harper, the council leader, told councillors he hoped the groups, to meet at least quarterly and not be open to the public, would "refine the decision-making process".
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Fred Yeulett, deputy leader, said: "I welcome these proposals and hope they lead to a better democratic process."
The five policy groups will be: Community First, dealing with customer issues, information and the council's sports, leisure and community facilities; Streets Ahead, dealing with streetscape issues; Open for Business, promoting the growth of local businesses and developing Fenland's economy; Quality Organisation: to enhance the council's capacity to deliver local people's priorities; Decent and Affordable Homes, to contribute towards provision of such homes for local residents.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover