Sharp shooting Fenland air cadets compete in national marksmanship competition
- Credit: Archant
Four Fenland air cadets’ shooting skills were tested when they took part in a national marksmanship competition.
Sergeant Scott Goodall, Corporal Chanel Ogden, Corporal Aleks Deaves and Corporal Joe Williams, of 1220 (March) Squadron Air Cadets, competed at the Cadet Inter-Services Skill at Arms Meeting (CISSAM) 2013.
The three-day event, held at Pirbright Ranges, tested the cadets’ marksmanship skill, physical ability and safety drills.
Cadet Flight Sergeant Katie Dickson assisted with the team’s logistics and Corporal Matthew Ward hauled the large target boards up and down.
Cpl Williams said: “It was so exciting – we won the first round, but unfortunately didn’t make the third round. We’ll do better next year.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on 1220, go to 1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town