‘Would ewe believe it’ - police return over 300 sheep to field
- Credit: POLICE
Cambridgeshire police officers were given a different type of mission on Wednesday evening (October 27) after over 300 sheep escaped from their field.
Officers arrived at the scene to discover the sheep running loose on the road between Littleport and Wisbech.
A spokesperson said: “Our officers were counting sheep on Wednesday (October 27). Not to help them fall asleep, but actual sheep.
“At the scene, officers broke up the street party and the sheep were rounded up, all 300 or so of them!
“Thankfully, there were no problems along the way, and all sheep were accounted for and returned home safely.
“All’s wool that ends wool.”
After posting about the street party on social media, a number of people have congratulated the police for their efforts.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
One said: “Ewe all deserve a medal.”
Another said: “They’re looking a bit sheepish in that last picture!”