‘Would ewe believe it’ - police return over 300 sheep to field
- Credit: POLICE
Cambridgeshire police officers were given a different type of mission on Wednesday evening (October 27) after over 300 sheep escaped from their field.
Officers arrived at the scene to discover the sheep running loose on the road between Littleport and Wisbech.
A spokesperson said: “Our officers were counting sheep on Wednesday (October 27). Not to help them fall asleep, but actual sheep.
“At the scene, officers broke up the street party and the sheep were rounded up, all 300 or so of them!
“Thankfully, there were no problems along the way, and all sheep were accounted for and returned home safely.
“All’s wool that ends wool.”
After posting about the street party on social media, a number of people have congratulated the police for their efforts.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 10 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
One said: “Ewe all deserve a medal.”
Another said: “They’re looking a bit sheepish in that last picture!”