Why Sheree Barnett from March is taking on this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon again
- Credit: Archant
A March woman will be taking on this year’s London Marathon for the second time in attempt to raise £2,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
For Sheree Barnett, the 26.2-mile track will be familiar territory as she braved the sprint in 2017 for the charity after her partner survived testicular cancer.
The Teenage Cancer Trust looked after Ms Barnett’s partner after the cancer had spread to his lungs – he has now had the all clear for four years thanks to the charity.
Ms Barnett said: “The Teenage Cancer Trust were such good support at a very difficult time in our lives. I wanted to do something to give back to the charity.”
In 2017, she raised £3,700 for the charity and hopes to raise a further £2,000 at this year’s capital sprint. She also hopes to top her previous personal best of 5 hours and 42 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Barnett added: “I am currently only £600 away from my target after holding a fundraising bingo event last weekend!”
Are you from Cambridgeshire and running this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon? We’d love to feature you in our newspaper, online and in print.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
Please email your name, age, where you live and the cause you are running for to email@example.com – include ‘London Marathon 2019’ in the subject area.
Please keep submissions between 150-200 words and make sure you attach a photograph. Remember to leave contact details so we can catch up with you after the race. Good luck!