Shocking video shows moment car bursts into flames along A47
- Credit: Tiia Aliyah Welby
Shocking video footage shows the terrifying moment a car burst into flames along the busy A47, just metres away from passing traffic.
The blaze caused delays for motorists on the main Fenland road at Thorney Toll this morning (May 19) as police forced a road closure.
Mobile phone footage captured the scene before emergency services arrived, showing the Jaguar XF car fully engulfed in flames at the roadside.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 9.17am with reports a car was on fire on the A47 at Thorney Toll.
“The driver of the car, a Jaguar XF, managed to stop in a layby and get out of the vehicle. He was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was closed while fire crews dealt with the incident, but a lane has now reopened.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A crew from Wisbech was called at 9.03am to reports of a car on fire on the A47 near Thorney Toll.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, the cause of the fire was accidental.”