Shocking video shows moment car bursts into flames along A47
- Credit: Tiia Aliyah Welby
Shocking video footage shows the terrifying moment a car burst into flames along the busy A47, just metres away from passing traffic.
The blaze caused delays for motorists on the main Fenland road at Thorney Toll this morning (May 19) as police forced a road closure.
Mobile phone footage captured the scene before emergency services arrived, showing the Jaguar XF car fully engulfed in flames at the roadside.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 9.17am with reports a car was on fire on the A47 at Thorney Toll.
“The driver of the car, a Jaguar XF, managed to stop in a layby and get out of the vehicle. He was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was closed while fire crews dealt with the incident, but a lane has now reopened.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A crew from Wisbech was called at 9.03am to reports of a car on fire on the A47 near Thorney Toll.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, the cause of the fire was accidental.”