YouTube star BeardMeatsFood ‘demolished’ Shooters American Diner challenge
- Credit: Archant
A popular YouTube foodie visited one of the county’s restaurants before lockdown in a bid to tackle a previously undefeated eating challenge.
The self-proclaimed number one competitive eater in the UK, BeardMeatsFood, came to Shooters American Diner in March for their ‘Man Vs Food’ test.
The internet star, who boasts more than one million subscribers on YouTube, had just 45 minutes to scoff two meals, a large pizza and an ice cream sundae.
One ‘Harlem Burger’ meal, one ‘Triple Dog’ meal, a pepperoni pizza and the sweet dessert went down a treat in a record time of just 20 minutes.
It was filmed on November 1, just days before the announcement of the new lockdown and subsequent closure of their restaurant and sister eatery Route47.
You may also want to watch:
“Beard Meets Food demolished Shooters Man v Food Challenge,” owners revealed on social media, sharing a snap of the star with a branded t-shirt.
The Major League Eating Pro’s video, uploaded on November 12, has already been watched more than 300,000 times; putting March on the global map.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government