Shop windows have been dressed to impress in Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
Dressed to impress was the order of the day for businesses around Whittlesey when the town’s business forum held its poplarwindow competition.
The event was well supported with 24 entries.
Winner was Grosvenor Carpets of Queen Street who have a model village with a live action train running through it.
In addition there was a full size Santa which was also animated.
Runners up were Dawsons Flowers of Blunts Lane and Blinds in Harmony whose shop is on the Market Place.
You may also want to watch:
Presentations were made at the Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza evening by mayor councillor Alex Miscandlon.
Steve Hodson, chairman of the Whittlesey Business Forum, said: “Many thanks to Alex and to the organizers of the extravanganza which was a brilliant event once again.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
“Well done everyone who entered the competition.”