Shop worker is slightly hurt in robbery at HR Mallets jewellers in Broad Street, March
- Credit: Archant
A shop worker was slightly injured during a robbery at a March jewellers yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon.
A Cambridgeshire police spokesman said the incident at HR Mallets in Broad Street happened at around 4.45pm when a man entered the shop and asked to look at bracelets.
The spokesman said: “While he was doing so another man entered wearing a hooded top and a scarf around his face and attempted to grab the jewellery.
“The shop assistant, a woman, pulled the jewellery away and another member of staff, a man, came to help and tackled the masked man.
“As the first man left the shop he took a jewellery set. The male shop worker received slight injuries.”
A 44-year-old man from March was today (Thursday) arrested on suspicion of robbery and has been taken into custody at King’s Lynn.
Anyone with information should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier