Shopper dies inside Tesco supermarket after ‘having medical episode’
- Credit: Google Maps
Emergency services descended on a Cambridgeshire supermarket after a man died inside the store following a medical episode.
Eye-witnesses report seeing three ambulances and several police cars outside the Tesco Superstore at Hostmoor Avenue in March on Monday (May 24).
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We responded to an emergency call shortly after 12 noon regarding an incident in the Tesco store on Hostmoor Avenue, March.
“Sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, the patient died at the scene.”
It is thought the incident happened in or around the public toilets area, used by shoppers, after an eyewitness said police had cordoned them off.
You may also want to watch:
“Three ambulances and police cars were outside [Tesco] with the lights all flashing, the toilets were cordoned off inside [the store],” they said.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 12.17pm with reports of a man having a medical episode in Hostmoor Avenue, March.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
“Officers attended to manage the scene and assist paramedics who were treating the man.”