Shopper dies inside Tesco supermarket after ‘having medical episode’
- Credit: Google Maps
Emergency services descended on a Cambridgeshire supermarket after a man died inside the store following a medical episode.
Eye-witnesses report seeing three ambulances and several police cars outside the Tesco Superstore at Hostmoor Avenue in March on Monday (May 24).
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We responded to an emergency call shortly after 12 noon regarding an incident in the Tesco store on Hostmoor Avenue, March.
“Sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, the patient died at the scene.”
It is thought the incident happened in or around the public toilets area, used by shoppers, after an eyewitness said police had cordoned them off.
“Three ambulances and police cars were outside [Tesco] with the lights all flashing, the toilets were cordoned off inside [the store],” they said.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at 12.17pm with reports of a man having a medical episode in Hostmoor Avenue, March.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 5 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 6 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 7 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 8 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 9 The Queen's Head named 'Cambridgeshire's best pub'
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
“Officers attended to manage the scene and assist paramedics who were treating the man.”