Shopper says she ‘hasn’t experienced a single queue’ and that shelves are ‘fairly well stocked’ amid coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: PA
A shopper claims her local store is ‘well stocked’ and staff are ‘managing...with a smile’ amid reports of coronavirus panic buying.
Following articles sharing pictures of empty shop shelves and long supermarket queues, one shopper says she ‘hasn’t experienced a single queue’ and ‘shelves are fairly well stocked’.
She said: “I haven’t experienced a single queue, except at the till, and shops are pretty well stocked apart from the media hyped products.
“Please can we report responsibly and stop adding to the panic,” the Ramsey resident added.
“I have shopped in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, in Ramsey, St. Neots and Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
“There is definitely an evidence of increase in footfall but overall, apart from empty loo roll and pasta shelves, everything has been fairly well stocked.
“If a particular brand is not available there have been replacement brands available.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“Stocks seem to be being replaced fairly quickly and the staff at my local Tesco are managing to do it all with a smile.
To get the latest coronavirus news from Cambridgeshire and Fenland, join our Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/CambridgeshireCoronavirusNews
Has coronavirus panic buying affected you or someone that you know? Tell us your story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org