Shopping online looks like a great fund raiser for talking newspaper for the blind
- Credit: Archant
FENLAND’S online shoppers are being urged to register with a website which donates 15% of their purchases to charity.
Wisbech and District Talking Newspaper has joined the website, easyfundraising.org, an online shopping gateway which donates a percentage of sales to their fund raising pot.
Around 3,000 online shops have registered with the website, including high street names like M&S, Tesco, Amazon, ebay and Argos, which means there are plenty of opportunities for people to donate without it costing them a penny.
“As the recession continues to bite, many charities are finding it harder than ever to raise much needed funds,” said secretary Isobel Shippey.
“More people than ever are shopping online because they know they can pick up a bargain and with easyfundraising our supporters get to shop around for the best deals and raise money for us at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
The talking newspaper group has been running for 35 years and is manned by a team of dedicated volunteers who enable the blind and partially sighted to enjoy local news items and magazine features they would normally not be able to access.
The team produces three articles a month on either tape or CD which are sent out and returned free of charge.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Donations are needed to help keep the service going.
For more information contact Isobel Shippey on 07883 428954 or to join the shopping site visit wwww.easyfundraising.org/causes/wisbechdistricttalkingnewspaper and follow the instructionsS