Short back and sides? Hair-oic darts player to boost friend’s fund-raiser with charity wax
- Credit: Archant
DARTS player Roy Wojtowych has thought of a hair-oic method of helping his friend raise money for charity... having his chest and back waxed.
The fund-raiser, from March, will say goodbye to his body hair to help police officer Mark Cross raise more cash for the hospital ward that treated him for breast cancer.
Mr Cross, who has raised almost £10,000 for the Oncology Department at Peterborough City Hospital, will stage his third charity darts event at the GER Sports Club, in March, on March 9.
But before taking to the oche, Roy has what could prove to be a slightly more painful appointment at the salon.
“I’ve got a lot of chest and back hair and I’m going to have it all waxed,” he said. “I’m not nervous. I don’t mind a bit of pain to raise money for a good cause.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had my back done before and that was pretty painful so I would imagine having my chest done at the same time will be even worse.
“We might even hold a raffle where people can win the chance to wax me! Maybe the highest bidder can do the whole lot!”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Mr Cross, a fraud squad detective, was one of only 300 men in the country to be diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009. After two operations and months of chemotherapy, the father-of-two entered remission.
Roy said: “I have known Mark for many years and his fund-raising is brilliant. What he has done after what he went through is amazing.”
To sponsor Roy contact him by e-mail at email@example.com