Shotguns and vehicles stolen in Fens burglary - was burnt out pick up found in Wisbech same one stolen earlier?
- Credit: Archant
Shotguns have been stolen from a house near Wisbech.
Police revealed today that the shotguns, together with TVs and some game consoles, were taken during a raid on the home on Friday night.
Two vehicles, including a Jaguar, were also taken but both later found burnt out.
“It happened between 8pm on Friday 23 May and shortly before 12.30am on Saturday 24 May at a property in Walpole Bank,” said a spokesman for Norfolk Police.
The spokesman said the front door of the house was forced before the intruders carried out “an untidy search”.
A number of shotguns, two TVs, a Sony Playstation 3, Nintentdo Wii and a surround sound system were stolen.
Two vehicles, a Jaguar XF and an Isuzu pick-up were also stolen and later found burnt out in Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
“We are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or noticed anything suspicious in the area between the times stated,” said the spokesman.
Witnesses should contact Det Con Carl Ritchie at King’s Lynn CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
* Cambs fire service reported today that a pick up truck and car were set on fire in Fenland on Friday night.
Firefighters were called to two separate incidents within half an hour of each other in Wisbech and Tydd St Giles.
* At 11.15pm, a crew from Wisbech was called to Knowles Yard, Burrett Road, Wisbech.
A pick-up truck was well alight in an orchard and firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish it.
Crews returned to their stations by midnight.
* At 11.45pm, a crew from Wisbech and a crew from Long Sutton were called to Cross Drove, Tydd St Giles.
A car was well alight and firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish it.
Crews returned to their stations by 1.30am.
The cause of both fires is believed to be deliberate. Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.