Shotguns stolen in weekend raid on Fenland farm
FOUR shotguns and a rifle worth thousands of pounds were stolen over the weekend from a Fenland farm.
Police have launched an investigation into the burglary which happened at a farm in Cant’s Drove, Murrow, near Wisbech, between Friday (July 2) afternoon and Monday (July 5) morning.
A gun cabinet in the farmhouse was forced open and the weapons stolen. A chainsaw and strimmer were also taken.
Detective Sergeant Sean Spencer said one of the shotguns was old and could be dangerous to the user if fired.
He said: “I would like to hear from anyone who thinks they might know who carried out this crime or knows where these weapons are now.
“One of the shotguns - a 16 bore Gamage ‘Side by Side’, serial number 47523 - is old and was recently deemed unsafe by a firearms dealer. It could cause serious injury to anyone who fired it.
“The other guns were newer and together are worth thousands of pounds.”
- 1 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 8 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 9 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 10 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Spencer on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.