Shotguns stolen in weekend raid on Fenland farm
FOUR shotguns and a rifle worth thousands of pounds were stolen over the weekend from a Fenland farm.
Police have launched an investigation into the burglary which happened at a farm in Cant’s Drove, Murrow, near Wisbech, between Friday (July 2) afternoon and Monday (July 5) morning.
A gun cabinet in the farmhouse was forced open and the weapons stolen. A chainsaw and strimmer were also taken.
Detective Sergeant Sean Spencer said one of the shotguns was old and could be dangerous to the user if fired.
He said: “I would like to hear from anyone who thinks they might know who carried out this crime or knows where these weapons are now.
“One of the shotguns - a 16 bore Gamage ‘Side by Side’, serial number 47523 - is old and was recently deemed unsafe by a firearms dealer. It could cause serious injury to anyone who fired it.
“The other guns were newer and together are worth thousands of pounds.”
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 5 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 6 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
Anyone with information should contact Det Sgt Spencer on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.