Residents wonder if they should ‘name and shame’ culprits who did this in Littleport?
- Credit: Archant
Angry residents are calling for local people to turn detective and help to trace those responsible for dumping the remnants of a bathroom re-fit along Grange Lane, Littleport.
Photos of the fly-tipping have been posted to social media and attracted widespread criticism.
Our reader who took the photos said: “Has anybody on here recently had a bathroom fitted by cowboy builders? “There is a whole load of skirting board, door frames, packaging from a bathroom suite, blinds (grey and wooden) and loads of associated rubbish, fly tipped in the ditches along Grange Lane.”
He said: “There are also the new supports for the bath that ought to have been fitted.”
He is wants help to find the culprits and for residents to consider a ‘name and shame’ policy when they are found.
You may also want to watch:
The resident believes it is likely the material has come from a local home.
Another pointed out that builders may not be legally responsible to remove the debris.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
“You contract that company to replace your bathroom therefore the contractor does not have to be waste disposal licensed,” he said.
“If the contractor did this or they contracted a non legit waste disposal company you would be absolved.”
He said he first reported the fly tipping happened at least three weeks ago.
Another pointed out “it’s a 10 min drive to the recycling centre, so why dump it?”