Fundraising show in memory of 20Twenty’s Geri Crooke to take place in March
- Credit: Archant
A night of music to raise money for a performing arts trust in memory of 20Twenty’s Geri Crooke will take place in March this Friday (November 1).
The event called 'Geri's Song Showcase' will see performances from local talent at the Braza Club including Back Two, Sophie Frear and Jess Davis.
Twenty-nine-year-old Geri tragically died following a crash on March Road, in Coates, in June this year after her car left the road and entered Twenty Foot Drain.
Geri was academy manager of the 20Twenty Academy youth theatres and youth volunteering programs, as well as mentoring apprentices.
All money raised will help support disadvantaged children to access theatre and live performances.
Tickets are £5 on the door of March Braza Club with doors opening at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
The fund will help organisations that run LAMDA (London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art) courses can apply for disadvantaged students.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
Families may also be able to apply directly from January 2020.