Silver Sunday at Whittlesey’s Manor Leisure Centre
- Credit: Archant
The first of a series of special “Silver Sunday” events takes place at the Manor Centre in Whittlesey on Sunday (March 8) aimed at encouraging the over-50s to be more active.
Fenland District Council’s Golden Age and New Vision Fitness leisure teams will be laying on various free activities for people aged 50-plus, including new age kurling, spiral pilates and some chair-based exercise classes.
Participants will also be able to have a health MoT, including having their blood pressure tested, and free tea, coffee and cakes will be provided.
Similar events are planned at Chatteris Leisure (June 14), the Hudson Centre, Wisbech (October 4) and the George Campbell Centre, March (December 13).
Silver Sunday was launched in 2012 as a national celebration of older people and their contribution to community life. It also aims to help reduce the isolation and loneliness that many experience. It is held nationally on the first Sunday of October each year.
You may also want to watch:
For more details, ask at reception at any of FDC’s four New Vision Fitness centres, call 01354-622399 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 4 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage