Simply the best!
FENLAND District Council has the best customer service of any public or private sector organisation in England – it s official. The council scooped the national Best Customer Service Award at a glittering event organised by Incentive and Motivation Magazi
FENLAND District Council has the best customer service of any public or private sector organisation in England - it's official.
The council scooped the national Best Customer Service Award at a glittering event organised by Incentive and Motivation Magazine. The award is yet another accolade for the council's Customer First programme, which includes the four Fenland @ Your Service Shops and the contact centre.
The council beat off stiff competition from national private sector household names to carry off the prize at London's Royal Garden Hotel, knocking O2 and Virgin Atlantic off the top spot.
The council also took the runner-up award for the Best Public Sector Motivation Programme, for the way it organised and delivered its own staff awards scheme.
You may also want to watch:
Council chairman, Councillor Pam Potts, collected the awards from comedian Lee Hurst.
At an event dominated by private sector companies, Fenland Council showed that it has the capacity to take on any organisation in the country when it comes to delivering first class customer service.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
Cllr Potts said: "It is a tremendous thrill to win such a prestigious award, particularly against such well-known and acclaimed private sector organisations. We are becoming used to taking on the big boys and winning. It is a tribute to the motivated council staff that we have been able to beat off such stiff competition.