Musical concert in Chatteris to help save Empress swimming pool
- Credit: Archant
A Chatteris concert will hold more meaning than ever this year in a bid to save the town’s Empress swimming pool.
Members from Chatteris Parish Church and the Sing for Fun group are collaborating to raise as much money as possible in order to maintain the pool's existence, having currently not found a buyer.
This year, the event will be known as 'Save our Pool - Sing for Fun Concert', and will boast a variety of musical hits and pop songs, including from the Sound of Music.
Claire Grant, director of music outreach at Chatteris Parish Church, said: "We hope this concert is a success and people come to support what we feel is a worthy cause for our charity this year."
The concert takes place on Saturday, July 6 at Chatteris Parish Church and is free to attend.
Refreshments are provided and all donations will go to saving the pool.
For more information on the concert, visit http://www.chatteris.org/events/2019/7/6/save-our-pool-concert.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body