Singing sensation shocks couple by appearing at their Witchford wedding reception
A NEWLYWED couple were given a wedding gift to remember when music sensation Craig David made a surprise visit to their reception.
Lisa Potter-Coyne, 29, a make-up artist from London and husband Theo Coyne, 28, had jokingly posted an invitation to the R’n’B star on YouTube, and the spoof version of his hit song 7 Days quickly spread across the globe.
The video was posted online back in May and the couple were married at Ely Register Office on Friday, gathering at Lisa’s parents’ house in Witchford the following day for a party with friends and family.
It was at about 9pm that night that they were given the surprise of their lives, with the multi-platinum selling artist making the trip all the way from his home in Los Angeles to make a special appearance.
And the Southampton born singer even took to the microphone to lead a sing-a-long with Lisa, Theo and fellow guests.
You may also want to watch:
Posting on Twitter, Lisa said: “We’re still absolutely buzzing from the wedding! Still feels like a dream! So excited, we couldn’t sleep!”
Craig wrote on social networking site Instagram: “Had the most amazing experience surprising Theo and Lisa at their wedding celebrations! Seeing them so happy having me attend and hearing me sing was as emotional for me as it was for them!
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
“They told me how they have been fans of my music from the start of my career, have bought all of my songs, been to over 25 of my concerts and that my music had brought them closer together over the eight years that they have been partners.”