Singing their hearts out - a Wisbech choir group
- Credit: Archant
A singing group funded by a Cambridge charity, delighted their audience when they gave their second showcase to a room packed with guests, family and friends.
Just Sing! choir performed songs from a range of musicals from Gilbert and Sullivan to Les Miserables with enthusiasm, confidence and a lot of fun, and the audience was able to join in as they knew most of the songs from memory.
Choir leader and accompanist, Lilian Miller, inspired everyone with her energy and drive and members of the choir sang solos and gave short readings. The whole event was described by one guest as being absolutely uplifting.
The singing group is funded by the Dosoco Foundation and the Rotary Club of Wisbech.
It meets at Edina Court on the first Thursday of each month from 2.30 to 4pm and welcomes particularly people with challenging conditions.
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact Sue Beel at Care Network on 01945 589953.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 7 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’