A-level results day 2018: Sir Harry Smith students achieve 70 per cent pass rate
- Credit: Archant
Principal Dawn White says she’s “delighted” with Sir Harry Smith students’ 70 per cent A-level pass rate.
With 70 per cent of pupil being awarded A* to C grades, 36 per cent of entries were awarded A* to B grades and 16 per cent of entries were awarded A* or A grades.
Ms White said: “This is a superb and very well deserved achievement and reflects the exceptional efforts of both our students and staff.
“This is especially pleasing considering the vast majority of these students completed the new reformed A-levels which now include refreshed content with greater input to universities, AS results no longer counting towards an A Level and linear assessments with A Levels being assessed at the end of the two years of study.
One hundred per cent of vocational qualification entries were awarded a Distinction* (D*) to Pass grade, with 91 per cent being awarded a Distinction* to Merit.
You may also want to watch:
Ms White added: “I would like to congratulate all of our students who have worked extremely hard this year to achieve this level of success.
“I would also like to thank all of our staff for their continued and unwavering hard work and commitment to ensuring the very best outcomes for all of our students.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend