GCSE results: Sir Harry Smith
- Credit: Archant
Eighty-three per cent of Year 11 students have achieved a level 4+ in English with 64 per cent achieving a 5+ and 74 per cent achieved a 4+ in Maths.
Dawn White, school principal, said: “I would like to congratulate all our year 11 students on their GCSE results this summer.
“Staff have worked extremely hard in preparing students for the next stage of these new qualifications.
“With the more challenging content and different assessment regime, students have responded extremely well and I could not be prouder of their achievements.”
Overall the college achieved over five per cent of the new top grade of a 9.
You may also want to watch:
Ms White added: “Students and teachers have worked extremely hard to achieve these results and I am particularly delighted with the following individual outstanding successes which were achieved by:
Daniel Dipper 7 x 9, 2 x A*, 2 x 8, 1 x 7
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Kayla Rowden 7 x 9, 2 x 8, 1 x A, 1 x 7
Rosie Wiles 7 x 9, 1 x A*, 2 x 8, 1 x B
Abigail Hill 6 x 9, 1 x A*, 2 x 8, 2 x A
Sarah Hopkins 4 x 9, 2 x A*, 3 x 8, 1 x 7, 1 x B
Michael Teague 3 x 9, 1 x A*, 5 x 8, 1 x A, 1 x B
“I am delighted that so many of our students have enrolled to continue their studies at Level 3 in our Sixth Form and we look forward to welcoming them back in September to support them and celebrate the next stage of their educational journey.
“I am incredibly proud of our students’ successes which are testament to their resourcefulness, determination, dedication along with the commitment and expertise of our staff.
“I am also delighted by the wide range of subjects which have achieved such positive results for our students which are indicative of the opportunities available to key stage 4 students at the college.”