Sir Harry Smith principal says he’s ‘delighted’ with A level achievements by Whittlesey students
I AM delighted with the results that the students have achieved this year.
The overall pass rate this year has gone up to ninety nine per cent and 73% achieved A*-C grades, which is an increase of 14% from last year.
The percentage of students gaining A*-B grades has also increased to 43% from 30% in 2011.
The students have worked extremely hard this year to achieve this level of success and they deserve to feel very proud of their exam results. The results also reflect the hard work and dedication of the teachers and staff at Sir Harry Smith Community College.
I would like to highlight Stephen Joyce, who gained A,A,A,C and is off to read Maths at Leicester and Rebecca Riseley who scored A,A,A* and is going to UEA to study Accountancy and Finance.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Uddin also did extremely well with A,B,B and is going to Nottingham to read Sociology and Laura Arnold gained A,A and is also reading Sociology but at Leeds. I would also like to congratulate Jack Reeves who is off to Southampton to study Medicine.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government