Sister pays tribute to Wisbech man killed in Berkshire double fatality
THE SISTER of a Wisbech man who was killed in a car crash in the early hours of Monday has today paid tribute to her “brilliant brother”.
Carl Parsons, 25, of Walsoken, and Daniel King, 22, of King’s Lynn both died when the Mercedes van in which they were travelling crashed in Berkshire.
The van was involved in a collision with an Audi car on the A34, close to the Chieveley exit, at around 7.30am.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Audi suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
Carl leaves behind two children, a three year-old son and an eight-month old daughter, and his fianc�e, Louise Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
His sister, Joanne Parsons said: “He was a brilliant brother and a brilliant father - he was working to look after his kids when it happened.
“He would do anything for anyone and he was always smiling. He had a fianc�e that he loved very much. He will be missed but never forgotten. He will live on through his children.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Tributes for Carl have also been posted on Facebook. Zara McNulty wrote on Carl’s Facebook page: “Fourteen years 14 years of friendship, the comedian, some good jokes and some bad ones, sides hurting with laughter, the odd beer, and argument.
“I can’t believe your gone - you were a great friend in school - and out. You were loved by everyone. My love to everyone who is close to you. All our love always RIP.”
Charli Lewis wrote: “I’m still in complete shock. RIP Carl Parsons. You will be sadly missed by all. All our love and condolences to Louise, Jo and the family.”
Carl was well known in the Wisbech area having played for Emneth Spartans. Last season he was the team’s highest goal scorer.