Sister pays tribute to Wisbech man killed in Berkshire double fatality
THE SISTER of a Wisbech man who was killed in a car crash in the early hours of Monday has today paid tribute to her “brilliant brother”.
Carl Parsons, 25, of Walsoken, and Daniel King, 22, of King’s Lynn both died when the Mercedes van in which they were travelling crashed in Berkshire.
The van was involved in a collision with an Audi car on the A34, close to the Chieveley exit, at around 7.30am.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Audi suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
Carl leaves behind two children, a three year-old son and an eight-month old daughter, and his fianc�e, Louise Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
His sister, Joanne Parsons said: “He was a brilliant brother and a brilliant father - he was working to look after his kids when it happened.
“He would do anything for anyone and he was always smiling. He had a fianc�e that he loved very much. He will be missed but never forgotten. He will live on through his children.”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Tributes for Carl have also been posted on Facebook. Zara McNulty wrote on Carl’s Facebook page: “Fourteen years 14 years of friendship, the comedian, some good jokes and some bad ones, sides hurting with laughter, the odd beer, and argument.
“I can’t believe your gone - you were a great friend in school - and out. You were loved by everyone. My love to everyone who is close to you. All our love always RIP.”
Charli Lewis wrote: “I’m still in complete shock. RIP Carl Parsons. You will be sadly missed by all. All our love and condolences to Louise, Jo and the family.”
Carl was well known in the Wisbech area having played for Emneth Spartans. Last season he was the team’s highest goal scorer.