Sister pays tribute to Wisbech man killed in Berkshire double fatality
THE SISTER of a Wisbech man who was killed in a car crash in the early hours of Monday has today paid tribute to her “brilliant brother”.
Carl Parsons, 25, of Walsoken, and Daniel King, 22, of King’s Lynn both died when the Mercedes van in which they were travelling crashed in Berkshire.
The van was involved in a collision with an Audi car on the A34, close to the Chieveley exit, at around 7.30am.
Both men were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Audi suffered minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.
Carl leaves behind two children, a three year-old son and an eight-month old daughter, and his fianc�e, Louise Thompson.
His sister, Joanne Parsons said: “He was a brilliant brother and a brilliant father - he was working to look after his kids when it happened.
“He would do anything for anyone and he was always smiling. He had a fianc�e that he loved very much. He will be missed but never forgotten. He will live on through his children.”
- 1 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on another busy day for rural officers
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
Tributes for Carl have also been posted on Facebook. Zara McNulty wrote on Carl’s Facebook page: “Fourteen years 14 years of friendship, the comedian, some good jokes and some bad ones, sides hurting with laughter, the odd beer, and argument.
“I can’t believe your gone - you were a great friend in school - and out. You were loved by everyone. My love to everyone who is close to you. All our love always RIP.”
Charli Lewis wrote: “I’m still in complete shock. RIP Carl Parsons. You will be sadly missed by all. All our love and condolences to Louise, Jo and the family.”
Carl was well known in the Wisbech area having played for Emneth Spartans. Last season he was the team’s highest goal scorer.