Sisters are doing it for themselves
- Credit: Archant
Two Wisbech sisters are bucking the engineering man’s world trend with one as director and another heading up customer services.
Michelle Ring is director of Abtec Industries, a specialist supplier of abrasives and associated products, and has just been joined by younger sister Jo who is responsible for the company’s customer services team, along with colleague Lorraine Eyers.
Abtec, based in Wisbech, supplies abrasives to worldwide customers as diverse as the engineering, woodworking, automotive, stone, aerospace, fabrication, marine and construction industries and also trains customers in the use of their products.
As the business and product range continues to expand, so does the workforce and newest recruit Jo is already making her mark.
Michelle, who has been with the family business for 18 years, said: “We are passionate about our family business and pride ourselves on our knowledge and expertise.
You may also want to watch:
“Jo is proving to be a valuable addition to our team and it’s great to be working alongside her as we continue to expand the company.”
Jo graduated from the University of the Arts, London with a degree in Fashion Accessories Design and Technology in 2012.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
She said: “This role is a world away from my background in fashion but it is great to be on board with the family business as it continues to go from strength to strength.”