Sisters create tasty cakes at their new shop in Whittlesey
TWO sisters have opened a new cake shop in Whittlesey, and its already proving to be a great hit with customers looking for a sweet treat.
The Broad Street shop - called Fox’s Cakery - offers everything from stylish cup cakes to millionaire’s shortbread and decorated celebration cakes for any occasion.
The shop is run by sisters Joanna Reade, 43, and Sally Saunders, 48 , who have both had a life long passion for home baking. Joanna said: “We have both got a catering background, but this is our first time running a business.
“One of our customers has said that our cakes are addictive, and things are really going well so far. We hope to buck the trend of shops struggling on the high street. If people are having a bad day, they are always pleased to have a treat, to cheer themselves up. It is really nice to offer this service.
“Some of our recipes have come through the family, but we look all over for inspiration. We offer something different every day.
You may also want to watch:
“We decide what we fancy making that day, and we have fresh cakes on our shelves by opening time. Already our customers have chosen their favourites.”
Joanna and Sally take orders for a full range of celebration cakes, from weddings and christenings, to birthdays and anniversaries.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
“This is a really exciting time for us, and we are proud of everything we sent out,” added Joanna. “We feel we have found a niche market, where customers can buy cakes made on the premises, and speak face to face with someone who will make them a special celebration cake.”