Sisters run charity event at new beauty salon in March
BEAUTY salon owner Kelly Saunders is celebrating the opening of her new premises with a charity event to raise money for the hospital that saved her nephew’s life.
When Connor Fyson was born two years ago he was starved of oxygen, and had to be transported by ambulance to the Luton and Dunstable hospital for emergency specialist treatment.
Connor is now a happy and healthy toddler, so Kelly and Connor’s mum Emma Saunders are running the charity day to thank the hospital for the care it gave the youngster.
The sisters are running an open day at Kelly’s new Bittersweet Beauty salon at 73 High Street in March on Saturday. Emma said: “We will have a tombola, and a number of competitions, such as guess the number of nails in a jar and name the teddy bear, and we have a number of men who have agreed to undergo a sponsored leg waxing.
“There are plans to extend the neo-natal intensive care unit at the Luton and Dunstable Hospital, and I wanted to do something to support that, and thank the unit for the care it gave Connor.”
You may also want to watch:
Connor was born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon, and within hours was soon afterwards was transferred to the Luton and Dunstable Hospital for specialist cooling treatment.
Emma added: “I didn’t get to hold him until he was four days old, because he was in an incubator. They had to cool him down for 48 hours, and then bring his temperature back up.”
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
Visitors to the charity open day will be welcome between 9.30am and 4pm.