Site of former fancy dress shop in March town centre could become estate agency
- Credit: Archant
An empty building in March town centre which used to be the home of a fancy dress shop could be turned in to an estate agency.
Fenland District Council are considering national estate agency Connells’ application for 72 High Street, March, the former home of fancy dress shop Abracadabra.
No internal or external changes would be carried out on the building by the estate agency, which has 120 branches in England.
They already have branches in Peterborough, Cambourne and St Neots but this would be their first foray in to Fenland.
The applicant said the proposal “will significantly improve the vitality and viability of this part of the High Street” and would be “complementary” to the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “The proposed use will not contribute to the amount of vehicular traffic since the property is located within the town centre and it is expected that staff and visitors will access the site by foot or use existing town centre parking.
“It would not cause detriment to the vitality or viability of this area.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire