Six arrested in connection with Chittering murder
DETECTIVES investigating the death of Chittering pensioner Llywelyn Thomas arrested six people in connection with his murder this week.
Four men aged 26, 24, 22 and 20 and a 16-year-old boy have been arrested on suspicion of murder while a 26-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.
The woman and the men aged 26 and 24 were arrested in Cambridge at 6am, while the 16 year old was arrested in Ely at the same time.
The woman and the 26-year-old man have been taken to Thorpe Wood Police Station, the 24 year old and the teenager will be questioned at March Police Station.
The men aged 22 and 20 were produced from prison and will be questioned at Thorpe Wood Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
Searches are currently being carried out at several properties in South Cambridgeshire in connection with the investigation.
Mr Thomas was discovered in his home in Ely Road on the afternoon of December 18. It is thought he was killed the previous evening during a botched burglary. Several items were later discovered missing from his home. His silver Rover 75 estate, registration BJ51 CJV, was also taken from his home and later found dumped in Church Lane, Milton.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor