Six arrests after police raid Fenland homes in drugs crackdown
SIX people were arrested after police swooped on a series of Fenland homes in a drugs crackdown yesterday.
Officers raided eight homes in March and Wisbech in a day of action to target drug use in the towns.
Arrests were made in Bath Road, Wickfield Court, Baxter Close and Wickford Close - all in Wisbech. Hydroponics equipment was seized along with cannabis and amphetamines.
Two men, both aged 22, were charged with possessing cannabis, and a 21-year-old woman was also cautioned for possession of the Class B drug. A further two people were fined for possessing cannabis.
Two women and a man - also arrested yesterday - were released without any further action.
You may also want to watch:
PCSOs delivered leaflets to residents to encourage them to come forward with more information about drug use in the area.
Chief Inspector Mike Winters said: “We are committed to disrupting drug use and will continue to target those suspected of being involved in the use or supply of drugs.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 7 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
“Anyone considering getting involved with this type of crime should be warned they face having a team of police officers coming through their front door.”