Six arrests after police raid Fenland homes in drugs crackdown
SIX people were arrested after police swooped on a series of Fenland homes in a drugs crackdown yesterday.
Officers raided eight homes in March and Wisbech in a day of action to target drug use in the towns.
Arrests were made in Bath Road, Wickfield Court, Baxter Close and Wickford Close - all in Wisbech. Hydroponics equipment was seized along with cannabis and amphetamines.
Two men, both aged 22, were charged with possessing cannabis, and a 21-year-old woman was also cautioned for possession of the Class B drug. A further two people were fined for possessing cannabis.
Two women and a man - also arrested yesterday - were released without any further action.
PCSOs delivered leaflets to residents to encourage them to come forward with more information about drug use in the area.
Chief Inspector Mike Winters said: “We are committed to disrupting drug use and will continue to target those suspected of being involved in the use or supply of drugs.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
“Anyone considering getting involved with this type of crime should be warned they face having a team of police officers coming through their front door.”