Six arrests after police raid Fenland homes in drugs crackdown
SIX people were arrested after police swooped on a series of Fenland homes in a drugs crackdown yesterday.
Officers raided eight homes in March and Wisbech in a day of action to target drug use in the towns.
Arrests were made in Bath Road, Wickfield Court, Baxter Close and Wickford Close - all in Wisbech. Hydroponics equipment was seized along with cannabis and amphetamines.
Two men, both aged 22, were charged with possessing cannabis, and a 21-year-old woman was also cautioned for possession of the Class B drug. A further two people were fined for possessing cannabis.
Two women and a man - also arrested yesterday - were released without any further action.
You may also want to watch:
PCSOs delivered leaflets to residents to encourage them to come forward with more information about drug use in the area.
Chief Inspector Mike Winters said: “We are committed to disrupting drug use and will continue to target those suspected of being involved in the use or supply of drugs.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 4 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
“Anyone considering getting involved with this type of crime should be warned they face having a team of police officers coming through their front door.”