Six guns stolen in raid on village near Littleport
SHOTGUNS and cash were stolen following a raid on a house in Burnt Fen, near Littleport, on Thursday.
The burglary happened at a property in the village between 9.30am and 1pm on Thursday, December 20.
Police said offenders broke into a property, forced open a gun cabinet and stole six shotguns, together with a small safe containing cash.
Two males were seen walking in the village at around 11.30am and police are keen to speak to them as they may have information in relation to this incident.
They are described as white and in their 20s. One wore a grey hooded top and jeans and had dark spiky hair, the other was shorter than the first man, he wore a green quilted jacket and he had mousy coloured hair.
You may also want to watch:
A red or burgundy coloured Vauxhall Vectra or Cavalier was also seen in the village and police would like to speak to the driver of this vehicle as they maybe able to assist with enquiries.
If you have any information in relation to this burglary, know the whereabouts of the shotguns or have been offered them for sale police would like to hear from you. Calls should be made to DC Mike Blayney at Bury St Edmunds CID on 101 or Crimetsoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend