Six men arrested after indecent exposure and series of assaults in March Market Place
SIX men have been arrested after an indecent exposure and a series of assaults in March on Saturday night.
A man exposed himself to a woman at The Square pub, in March Market Place, before assaulting her and another man.
A short while later, outside the Eastern Promise takeaway, the victims from the first incident, and this time the woman’s husband and another man, were assaulted by a group of men.
The men were kicked to the body, head and legs and the woman punched. The victims from the first incident and the woman’s husband were taken to Peterborough City Hospital for treatment but they were not seriously injured. The attackers then walked off and got into another fight as they passed Cassanos. Police were called and the group were arrested.
The incidents happened between 11.50pm on Saturday and 2am the following day.
You may also want to watch:
DC Nigel Coppin, who is investigating, said: “We are linking this indecent exposure with the assaults and I am appealing for anyone who was in this area at the time to consider whether they saw anything significant.
“We need to find out exactly what happened and deal with those responsible.”
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Anyone with information should contact DC Coppin on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.