Six men arrested after indecent exposure and series of assaults in March Market Place
SIX men have been arrested after an indecent exposure and a series of assaults in March on Saturday night.
A man exposed himself to a woman at The Square pub, in March Market Place, before assaulting her and another man.
A short while later, outside the Eastern Promise takeaway, the victims from the first incident, and this time the woman’s husband and another man, were assaulted by a group of men.
The men were kicked to the body, head and legs and the woman punched. The victims from the first incident and the woman’s husband were taken to Peterborough City Hospital for treatment but they were not seriously injured. The attackers then walked off and got into another fight as they passed Cassanos. Police were called and the group were arrested.
The incidents happened between 11.50pm on Saturday and 2am the following day.
DC Nigel Coppin, who is investigating, said: “We are linking this indecent exposure with the assaults and I am appealing for anyone who was in this area at the time to consider whether they saw anything significant.
“We need to find out exactly what happened and deal with those responsible.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
Anyone with information should contact DC Coppin on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.