Six speeding drivers caught in March
- Credit: Archant
During the last seven days officers in March have caught six speeding motorists in an effort to make Fenland roads safer.
The action has come in response to public concerns about speeding in the area and as a result officers from the local neighborhood team have been carrying out checks in Wisbech Road, Elwyn Road, Estover Road and Upwell Road.
All of these roads have a 30mph limit, however, six motorists were caught driving exactly 35mph.
PC Kurt Allen said: "We will continue to strive towards making the roads safer across the town of March and beyond.
"This activity has been carried across Fenland, not just in March, and we will continue to carry out similar days of action.
You may also want to watch:
"My plea is to all motorists to drive safely, within the speed limits and to the conditions of the road. Limits are put in place for a reason."
To report an incident of dangerous driving, visit www.Cambs.Police.Uk/Report
- 1 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 4 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’