Skip, skip, hooray! Whittlesey primary school pupils enjoy healthy lifestyle day
HUNDREDS of children at Alderman Jacobs Primary School in Whittlesey have been playing sport as part of a healthy lifestyle campaign.
More than 500 youngsters competed in a host of activities including gymnastics, Zumba, obstacle courses, body combat and circus skills as well as athletics, skipping, golf, rowing and swimming.
The annual event, which took place last Friday, has been running for six years.
Liz Dakin, healthy lifestyle leader, said: “It’s a great campaign that helps keep a lot of children fit and also develops their interest in different sports.
“The children thoroughly enjoyed the day. They had fun with their friends and got to participate in sports they don’t usually get to play.”
You may also want to watch:
Pupil Teegan Barnes, 10, added: “It was a really fun day that the whole school took part in.
“I really enjoyed the rowing but the skipping and body combat were also fun.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion