New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- Credit: Skylark Garden Centre
A garden centre hopes its new offering can encourage more anglers to visit the Fens.
Skylark Lakes in Wimblington will open for day ticket fishing from next month after being taken over by new managers in a bid to invest in the area and its lakes.
Edward Gowler, managing director at Skylark Garden Centre, said: “We are looking to development sustainable day ticket waters that encourages more participation into angling.”
The complex, based at the garden centre on Manea Road, will offer a day ticket between 6am-9pm from May 1 and a 24-hour night ticket from 11am till 11am the next day.
The lakes aim to provide a chance for competitive anglers, as well as those wanting to relax.
You may also want to watch:
All sessions must be pre-booked online and the number of people visiting the lakes will be limited to avoid overcrowding.
For more information on booking a session and other offerings, visit: https://skylarklakes.co.uk/home or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 6 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’