Slimmer Daniel - who no longer feels like ‘the odd one out’ - is crowned Eastrea’s top young slimmer
- Credit: Archant
Slimmer Daniel Hammersley is celebrating having been named Eastrea’s top young slimmer and no longer feeling like “the odd one out”.
Having lost four stone and 11 pounds in 11 months, the 16 year-old was voted Young Slimmer of the Year 2017 at the group he attends every week.
Daniel said: “I’ve got so much more energy, I walk everywhere and like biking. I used to feel self-conscious about doing anything physical like that in public but I don’t anymore.
“I’m just like everyone else.”
Daniel has just three pounds left to reach his target of losing five stone and is confident he will achieve that in the next couple of weeks.
You may also want to watch:
To lose weight, Daniel began following Slimming World’s Food Optimising healthy eating plan.
He said: “The eating plan was very different from what I’d expected. I thought losing weight meant not eating very much or cutting out all of your favourite foods but it wasn’t like that.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
“Thanks to talking to other members in group and sharing ideas, I’ve learned a lot about food and can cook quite a few recipes for myself from scratch now so I’m not reliant on microwave ready meals or junk food anymore.”
Anna Foster, who leads the group, said: “Life was very different for Daniel just 11 months ago; he was unhappy with his size and his self-confidence was at rock bottom.
“Then in April 2016 aged 15, Daniel, a pupil at Sir Harry Smith, joined his local Slimming World group at the Eastrea Centre, with his dad Bill and began his transformation.
Bill said: “A year ago Daniel had no energy and was really a couch potato.
“He wouldn’t express his feelings and was happiest being in the background. Now he is the exact opposite.
“He can stand in front and talk to people. He is so much happier and fitter now. He is out of ‘trackies’ and into jeans now.
“I am very proud of what he has achieved. Thank you Anna and slimming world.”
Eastrea Centre Slimming World group meet every Monday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm or Thursdays at 9.30am. Young people aged between 11 and 15 can attend for free when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Visit www.slimmingworld.co.uk or call Anna on 07539229365 or just go along to a meeting.