Slimmers donate clothes that are now too big for them for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Local slimmers collected 360 bags of clothes that are now too big for them, in just two weeks, to raise money for a cancer charity.
Slimming World members across Fenland donated the clothes they have shrunk out of to Cancer Research UK.
Helen Moore Slimming World team developer for the area, said: “Members from the Fenland Groups gave 360 bags in total raising over £9,000 - a staggering amount from just 11 consultants groups.
“I am blown away by the generosity of everybody who works so hard promoting this great cause in the groups. The amount of bags collected was fantastic.
“In the March group alone members lose an average of 80 stone a month which makes huge life changing differences for people.”
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £2.1 million nationally in 2016.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 5 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station