Slimmers donate clothes that are now too big for them for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Local slimmers collected 360 bags of clothes that are now too big for them, in just two weeks, to raise money for a cancer charity.
Slimming World members across Fenland donated the clothes they have shrunk out of to Cancer Research UK.
Helen Moore Slimming World team developer for the area, said: “Members from the Fenland Groups gave 360 bags in total raising over £9,000 - a staggering amount from just 11 consultants groups.
“I am blown away by the generosity of everybody who works so hard promoting this great cause in the groups. The amount of bags collected was fantastic.
“In the March group alone members lose an average of 80 stone a month which makes huge life changing differences for people.”
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £2.1 million nationally in 2016.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens