Slimmers put their best foot forward for charity
SPONSORED slimmers put their best foot forward when they raced a mile to raise £975 for Cancer Research UK.
The 60 women and men, who are all members of the Terrington or Wisbech Slimming World group, were taking part in their own Race at Your Place event to raise money for a support group.
The SMILES - Slimmers Making It a Little Easier for Someone - is supporting Cancer Research UK for 2013 to help people live healthier lives and raise awareness of the links between being overweight and developing cancer.
The Terrington St Clement group’s race, which took place at The Pavilion, Terrington was part of a national event running in all Slimming World groups across the UK.
The aim of Race at Your Place was to raise money for charity while raising awareness about the benefits of getting active, including increasing energy levels, reducing stress, building self-esteem, improving health and helping to maintain a healthy weight.
You may also want to watch:
Having an active lifestyle also reduces the risk of developing a range of conditions including all types of cancer.
All of the money raised for Cancer Research UK will go towards helping the charity to fund pioneering, life-saving research into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancers.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused