Slimmers raise money for cancer charity with a walk around West End park, March.
- Credit: Archant
Slimmers stepped out to raise money for a cancer charity with a sponsored walk in March.
Local Slimming world members joined the weekend park run at West End to help raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Helen Moore said: “This is a charity very close to the heart of Slimming World as our aim is to raise awareness of the link between keeping a healthy weight and reducing the risk of cancer.
“The amount raised was £223.40 which will go towards a research centre that Slimming World help to fund every year.”
“Myself and Nik Penn would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to the local community at the park run for supporting us with our event.”
You may also want to watch:
CRUK says that 38 per cent of cancer cases are preventable. Around 163,000 people die of cancer every year in the UK while half of people diagnosed with cancer survive for 10 years or more.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town